Walking football has taken off in the U.K. and rekindled a sport we lost, many, many, years ago. If you’re keen to have a go, you can join the group and be part of the craze that is sweeping the UK.
Remember the days before dodgy knees and wonky hips ? Remember the days when you still had ambitions to play for England and be part of the ’66 World Cup squad? Well, it might not be too late!
A few rules:
- Walking only, no running
- Non contact
- No tackles with force
- No trips, pushes, jumps, holds, slides, obstruction
- Indirect free kicks awarded
- Mixed sex
- Adapt rules to playing area
- Enclosed pitch – rebounds allowed
- Keeper only in the area
- Back passes allowed
- Keeper stays in the area (unless agreed beforehand)
- Players not allowed in the area