The Walking Football Group are keen to enlarge the Ladies walking footballgroup following demand from many of our U3A lady members.
The rules are simple no running, no contact, and no tackling allowed. If you are interested in joining this group, in the first instance please contact Dave Kelly
Walking football has taken off in the U.K. and rekindled a sport we lost, many, many, years ago. If you’re keen to have a go, you can join the group and be part of the craze that is sweeping the UK.
Remember the days before dodgy knees and wonky hips ? Remember the days when you still had ambitions to play for England and be part of the ’66 World Cup squad? Well, it might not be too late!
A few rules:
- Walking only, no running
- Non contact
- No tackles with force
- No trips, pushes, jumps, holds, slides, obstruction
- Indirect free kicks awarded
- Mixed sex
- Adapt rules to playing area
- Enclosed pitch – rebounds allowed
- Keeper only in the area
- Back passes allowed
- Keeper stays in the area (unless agreed beforehand)
- Players not allowed in the area