Geoffrey Hurst has kindly agreed to lead our next discussion on Big Pharma.
It used to be a description of the major Pharmaceutical Industries …. Does it now conjure up a demonized picture of the same? Facts or conspiracy theories or both?
- Why was a Drug Co. punished over Triazolam?
- Why was parallel importing permitted by Drug Companies?
- Proprietary or Generic? Who’s pushing which?
- Total transparency in drug research? Really?
- Ritalin is a goldmine. Was ADHD invented?
- Don’t go without your anti-oxidants. Mind you, they could kill you.
- Remember to take your probiotics. Wait a minute …. Why?
- Drug manufacturers are extremely responsible in their marketing. So why the law suits?
- Drug manufacturers insure that doctors prescribe responsibly. Ho!Ho!
- Why would a “Big Pharma” conspire with a Mohawk tribe?
- How does a “Big Pharma” wriggle out of generic competition?
- Big Pharma shouts about its research costs. How about what it spends in marketing and lobbying???
Please join us for a discussion on this interesting topic, to be led by Geoff Hurst, a U3A member and retired pharmacist on;
8 November at 14:00 at Calle Dr Calatayud, 45, Moraira for what promises to be a lively discussion, after which we will adjourn to a local café.
While waiting for the discussion, here’s an appetiser: https://www.theguardian.com/science/occams-corner/2018/aug/31/big-pharma-evil-academia
The group meets in the Aula de Asociaciones, kindly provided by the Teulada-Moraira ayuntamiento. It’s on the main street of Moraira, calle Calatayud no. 45, on the right looking towards the sea, first floor (there is a small lift). Below you will find a map pinpointing its location: